Whether you are looking for a tropical yacht charter vacation in the Bahamas, Caribbean, Mediterranean or perhaps a US based charter in regions such as New England, Alaska or Florida; no matter the destination we can make your dreams become a reality.
Palm Beach Yachts International is a worldwide yacht charter company prepared to map out your next exotic vacation. We specialize in custom tailored vacations to the world’s most elite locations. With over 25 years of experience and knowledge in the yachting industry, Palm Beach Yachts International is the premier charter company specializing in luxury yacht vacations onboard crewed motor or sailing yachts for the ultimate vacation indulgence.
Plan your luxury vacation today, it’s as easy as following a few simple steps:
- Select a Vessel that Meets Your Budget and Location Needs
- Sign the Contract and Wire Funds to Secure the Charter Date
(Deposit and Advanced Provisioning Funds due at Contract Signing)
- Speak with the Captain to Plan your Itinerary
(Complete the Preference Sheet for You and Your Guests)
- Wire Final Balance 30 Days Before Your Charter Date
- Enjoy your Custom Vacation!
What to Expect on Your Charter
Your charter will include a professional yacht crew committed to delivering five-star service from exquisite meals to exclusive harbors. The crew works tirelessly to ensure that you have everything you desire at your fingertips. Your private adventure will include cuisine and delicacies from the native surroundings. Whether you prefer an intimate candlelit dinner or a picnic on a secluded beach, the crew will create whatever dining experience you prefer. Every yacht also has a number of activities onboard from sport fishing, snorkeling, sea bobs, jet packs, water slides and jet skiing to sea kayaking, paddle boarding, tubing or windsurfing. Indulge in all paradise has to offer, book your charter today.
- What to pack?
- Passport and visas – If you are a US citizen, you don’t need a visas for most places, but a passport is mandatory to leave the United States
- Medications – Please make sure you bring enough for your stay, because it could be difficult to obtain your particular medication elsewhere. In addition, ensure you inform your Captain and Charter Broker if anyone in your guest party has a medical condition to be aware of.
- Vaccinations – ask your Captain or Charter Broker if there are any recommended vaccinations for the area you’ll be cruising.
- Luggage – Yachts will have storage space, but not as much as you likely have in your home, so try to pack lighter. If possible, use soft-sided collapsible luggage that will stow easily.
- Clothing – Light airy clothes, and don’t forget your bathing suits!
- Smart-casual clothing for socializing
- A sport jacket and collared shirt for men, and casual dresses for women
- A lightweight rain jacket and/or windbreaker
- Your favorite jeans and a sweater or sweatshirt
- Shoes – At least one pair of rubber soled, non-marking shoes for the deck, and sandals for beachcombing, shelling, etc. Note, shoes are typically not worn on board the yacht, to protect the fine wool and silk carpets, as well as the exotic hardwood floors.
- Accessories – Bring a hat or visor, and a pair (or two) of polarized sunglasses
- Jewelry – There will be a safe on board, possibly even one in your cabin, so bring what you’d like to wear on board. However, we don’t recommend tempting fate wearing expensive jewels into town.
- Camera – Digital, with underwater capabilities, if possible
- Music – Yachts will have a stereo system to play the music you bring, whether on CD or via your iPod/iPhone.
- Diet/Menu Preferences?
- You will fill out a preference sheet for yourself and your guests, to be sent to the yacht’s Chef prior to the charter. While your chef will create your personalized menu around your individual food preferences.
- Additional Expenses?
- If the contract does not say “all inclusive,” then it is expected that on top of the charter rate, the guest will pay for food, beverages, fuel, dockage, communication costs, commercial shore excursions, commercial scuba diving, etc. Expenses are usually around 25% to 35% of the base charter rate.
- Do you welcome children?
- Each yacht will have its own rules regarding children, so please check with us prior to booking
- Can we use the yachts water toys?
- You will likely be required to sign a waiver of liability before operating the yacht’s waverunners, jetskis, tender, etc. Once signed, the crew can give you instruction as to how to use them.
- Crew gratuity?
- Tipping is customary, and discretionary. Generally, in the US we tip 15% – 20% of the base charter rate. The tip is usually paid from the balance of the APA, and left with the Captain at the end of the charter, in cash, for him/her to distribute evenly amongst his crew. If you prefer not to travel with cash, an amount can be deposited and held in escrow with your charter broker. Then, at the end of your charter, you can tell them how much to disburse to the Captain.
- Do I need travel insurance?
- Charter contracts are weighted in favor of the owner of the yacht, so cancelling the agreement or changing the dates can be very expensive. To ensure against any unforeseen circumstances that leave you having to cancel your trip, we highly recommend obtaining travel insurance. Ask your charter broker for a quote!
Peace of Mind - Travel Insurance
We highly recommend obtaining trip cancellation insurance. Cancellations, changes to the charter agreement or changing the dates can be very expensive. Purchasing travel insurance gives you peace of mind. Ask your charter broker for a quote!
Does your medical insurance policy cover you outside of the United States? Ask your Charter Broker about our low cost medical travel insurance.